This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
The Discussions and Opinions forum is a place for open discussion regarding everything related to KDE, within the boundaries of KDE Code of Conduct. If you have a question or need a solution for a KDE problem, please post in the apppropriate forum instead.

KDE 4.3.4 - Dragon Player

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tekwyzrd
Registered Member
OS

KDE 4.3.4 - Dragon Player

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:26 pm
:mad: post edited

Dragon Player lacks any useful options. It unnecessarily interferes with a user's choice to disable blank screen. I disable monitor power management and turn off the monitor when it's not in use. When dragon player is launched it re-enables it, making it necessary to log off and back on to disable it again. Unlike other apps there is no option th set an alternative as there is for email and browser. You have to set the preferred player for each file type.

I am running kde 4.3.4 and most of the annoyances that existed in v4.0 are still here. Worse, bugs reported are invariably marked as duplicate or closed and discarded. I haven't seen much improvement. I still can't right click on a folder in konqueror and paste. I still have to drag shortcuts to the panels. There are a lot of little annoyances that got me extremely annoyed and worst of all is the fact that it's not improving. KDE 3.5 was far superior to KDE4 and I suspect that KDE4 will never be all that it was promised to be.

Last edited by tekwyzrd on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
einar
Administrator
OS
tekwyzrd, the tone of your posting, especially the comparison, is unacceptable for these forums. Please review the Code of Conduct and point "i" of .

Whatever criticism you may have towards Dragon Player, it would be better expressed with:

• A bug report
  • A non-flamebait, detailed explanation of what is going wrong

I encourage you to revise your post, and to refrain from making similar ones in the future. Repeated bad behavior will not be tolerated.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python