This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Delete rather than "move to trash"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
BackSeat
Registered Member
OS

Delete rather than "move to trash"

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:49 pm
After I've burnt a CD, I want to delete (not 'move to trash') the files.

How can I do that?

Thanks,
BS
Deevad
Registered Member
OS
Hi BackSeat,

You can use the shortcut on the keyboard :
shift + Del
It will delete without passing threw the trash ( you will be prompted with a dialog to confirm ).

BackSeat
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for the quick and helpful answer.

Out of interest, I'm sure k3b used to have a right-click option to delete rather than move to trash - but thanks for your help.
Deevad
Registered Member
OS
BackSeat wrote: [...] Out of interest, I'm sure k3b [...] .

Oh, sorry if this topic is related to a feature of k3b , I just jumped on the question after clicked on ' View unanswered posts' (1) and then in the title I couldn't read if the topic was in a sub forum categorie (2) , and I still can't do it. Screenshot :

I checked other topic , and yep , the forum doesn't display this information ( location of the topic ) , and this is confusing. I will report it to moderators.
( the tips I gave work in Dolphin , I thought it was a general question on the filemanager )

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I believe K3b likely follows the Dolphin/Konqueror preference here. It can only be set through Konqueror however. Open Konqueror > Settings > Configure Konqueror. Select "File Management". Make sure "Show delete menu entries which bypass the trashcan" is checked.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
BackSeat
Registered Member
OS
Thanks, that worked. I had to install Konqueror to do it (I don't use KDE), but I now have a 'delete' item on the right-click popup.

Thank you.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Marked as accepted.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sposhala
Registered Member
Can we enable this option "Show delete menu entries which bypass the trashcan" via configuration files, so that it is applied automatically when users logged-in?