This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to combine indexed and meta searches

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
google01103
Manager
looking at the manual it says it's possible but attempting to use find and search together in Dolphin doesn't seem to work

I click 'search', select this week (in search panel) and get a filtered list of files but then clicking 'find' does nothing. If I do a 'find' the search panel is grayed out.

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Could you provide a screenshot of this? I have "Find" entries, and a "Filter" option, but no "Search".

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
google01103
Manager
"search" is available from configure toolbars or F12 (it's the search panel),

search just filters on Nepomuk meta data

when I do a "find" then the search panel is greyed out
search and find Image

I guess what I'm trying to do is a index text search and meta data filtering together

Obviously this is my first experience with Nepomuk being enabled

google01103
Manager
from the manual http://kdenepomukmanual.wordpress.com/

The Find-button opens the search bar for indexed file and content search, the Search-button shows the sidebar where you can search for filetypes, change dates, ratings and tags. The indexed search and the metadata-search can even be combined

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
On my system, the Search panel does not grey out when I open the Find toolbar using Ctrl + F. You have tried under a new user right?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
google01103
Manager
I did not because it was a first enabling of Nepomuk or so I figured BUT of course it works as described as a different user :(

I suspended the daemon, disabled indexing & deleted all Nepom* in ~/.kde4 so now its re-indexing from scratch.

Index finished and now the search panel is not grayed out when doing find

Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
The grayed if obtained too when you press Find and the folder is not directory. For example:

1) Type "remote:/" in the url.
2) Click on find.

Then all the panel is grayed.

I think this is a bug, because you want to do a search in current location or in all your system, but as Nepomuk search don't works for me I not very relevant for me :).

Ignacio Serantes, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
google01103
Manager
Ignacio - they were local folders, but as stated wiping out everything and starting from scratch and it worked as expected

Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:Ignacio - they were local folders, but as stated wiping out everything and starting from scratch and it worked as expected

Yes, I understood that but, as you mentioned the grayed issue, I'm explained other case :).

Ignacio Serantes, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.