This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

nepomuk social query daemon - still alive?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cptG
Registered Member
OS
Hello all!
I was thinking about storing my documents - quite a lot of data, 99% of them rarely used so no need to carry them around 24/7 - on my server.
It would be nice to still be able to have them indexed by strigi and to be able to find references to them when querying nepomuk.
So I googled and found nsqd [0] which seems to be 50% of the solution for my use-case. Is this still alive? Has anyone ever used it?
In general: is it possible to have a remote virtuoso db and query it using nepomuk?

Thanks,
Thomas

[0] http://nepomuk.linbox.org/#NEPOMUKsocialqueryservice
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
It would probably be best to ask the Nepomuk developers themselves about this I guess. From what I know, it isn't possible - but it may be that it actually is. The mailing list is nepomuk@kde.org I believe.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
cptG wrote:Hello all!
I was thinking about storing my documents - quite a lot of data, 99% of them rarely used so no need to carry them around 24/7 - on my server.
It would be nice to still be able to have them indexed by strigi and to be able to find references to them when querying nepomuk.
So I googled and found nsqd [0] which seems to be 50% of the solution for my use-case. Is this still alive? Has anyone ever used it?
In general: is it possible to have a remote virtuoso db and query it using nepomuk?

Thanks,
Thomas

[0] http://nepomuk.linbox.org/#NEPOMUKsocialqueryservice

I planed long ago to add remote queries to Nepoogle but it's not developed yet because I need learn Flask before.

Actually I'm using ssh and Nepoogle in console mode to query my Nepomuk database from other computers and works fine but, it's only useful to obtain what files and where are stored.

Umm, maybe could be a good idea a Nepomuk module for OwnCloud :?.

Ignacio Serantes, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.