This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Strigi failes to index some files...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
šumski
Registered Member
OS
...and it tries to re-index it after every login. I'm aware there where several threads about this, but i have found an easy way to reproduce this, at least for mp3 files. :) If in ID3v2 tags you have album artist set, strigi fails to index a file, it's rather easy way to try this, so you can try reproducing. Removing album artitst property and with re-indexing you get nice metadata gathered, adding it back, and you get almost 0 data.
So, i have a several questions:
a) Is there a way to do a indexing on the command line, so it outputs what's wrong, ie:
Code: Select all
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(28407)" Soprano: "Invalid argument (1)": "Cannot set values for abstract property 'http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2009/02/19/nmm#albumArtist'."

b)Against which component i should file a bug - S-D-O, strigi, soprano, or something else?
c) If someone is willing to test this, so i can confirm this is not about my setup? ;)
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
Album artist problem it's fixed in git at least for mp3 and flac formats. Reindexation of failed files it is currently in revision mode.

Ignacio Serantes, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
šumski
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for tthe reply Ignacio. Thing is, i am running latest master (strigi, soprano, KDE)
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
Curious because I fixed this problem recently in libstreamanalyzers. There is no tag in mp3 files for album artist so one of performers tag is used so maybe the problem it's here.

Minio
Registered Member
OS
Ignacio Serantes wrote:There is no tag in mp3 files for album artist so one of performers tag is used so maybe the problem it's here.

It seems that it's unwritten rule that "Album artist" is written to TPE2 (Band/orchestra/accompaniment). Quick web search shows that most software does write there and reads from there.

(this is a little late reply, but I'll post it anyway)
šumski wrote:c) If someone is willing to test this, so i can confirm this is not about my setup? ;)

Sorry, I could not reproduce that.
What I did:
1. Copy some mp3 files to new folder.
2. Set it's album artist tag
3. Index it
4. Try if I can find it using Dolphin's Ctrl+F
5. Remove album artist tag
6. Index it (force that)
7. Try if I can find it using Dolphin's Ctrl+F

I has been using Puddletag to set music tags.
I have forced reindexing using command
qdbus org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukfileindexer /nepomukfileindexer org.kde.nepomuk.FileIndexer.indexFile '/path/to/file.mp3' 'true'

In both cases, Dolphin was able to find file, so I believe indexing worked just fine.
There are ~/.xsession-errors parts for both album artist set and album artist non set (I did not know we have KDE's own pastebin :) )
What I see here, is:
1. On my setup, album artist is associated with "http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco#fullname" ontology (right first line). This is obviously wrong, but apparently working.
2. My ontologies are two years older than yours. If you care about my package versions et al, you will find them in this thread (unfortunately, you did not provide information about yours).

Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
[

It seems that it's unwritten rule that "Album artist" is written to TPE2 (Band/orchestra/accompaniment). Quick web search shows that most software does write there and reads from there.

This is my fix and it's working with my mp3 files.

šumski
Registered Member
OS
šumski
Registered Member
OS
Just to make sure, here's the diff between strigi 0.7.7 and the version i'm running:
http://paste.opensuse.org/67078443
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
šumski wrote:Just to make sure, here's the diff between strigi 0.7.7 and the version i'm running:

Fix it's located in analyzers and not in strigi.

šumski
Registered Member
OS
Ignacio Serantes wrote:
šumski wrote:Just to make sure, here's the diff between strigi 0.7.7 and the version i'm running:

Please take a look at the diff, by "strigi" i meant all of strigi (libstreams/libstreamanalyzer,etc)
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
šumski wrote:
Ignacio Serantes wrote:

Please take a look at the diff, by "strigi" i meant all of strigi (libstreams/libstreamanalyzer,etc)

Sorry, my fault, you need also some changes in Shared Desktop Ontologies and I totally forgot it. There is a discussion about my proposition in tickets so you could copy my suggested changes or wait for a new version. I am in the beach now but I could send you this update tomorrow.

šumski
Registered Member
OS
When you take your beach dose, you can reply :)
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
Here is the entry where nmm:albumArtist is discussed: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/ticket/139

I thought that this change was added but seems that we must wait a little bit.

To fix this issue in your installation, you need to download git version of SDO, currently 0.10.0 and next code must be added to nmm:trig.in file:
    nmm:albumArtist
    a rdf:Property, nrl:DefiningProperty ;
    rdfs:subPropertyOf nco:contributor ;
    rdfs:label "album artist" ;
    rdfs:comment "Album artist" ;
    rdfs:domain nmm:MusicAlbum ;
    rdfs:range nco:Contact .

Then compile and install as other KDE programs. You don't need to restart Nepomuk because changes are automatically detected and database is updated. You could do a test using nepomukindexer with the same file before and after the patch.

Changes are detected using file date so if your distribution updated SDO then your modifications will be overwritten. You need to remove build folder before recompile again SDO so your files will have a higher date.

šumski
Registered Member
OS
Ignacio, thank you very much! With this applied, i get mp3 indexed properly!
Do you know how to debug images not getting indexed (not all)? I would like to also solve that issue.
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
šumski wrote:Ignacio, thank you very much! With this applied, i get mp3 indexed properly!
Do you know how to debug images not getting indexed (not all)? I would like to also solve that issue.

Sure, first you must use rdfindexer to read all the information strigi is obtaining from the file. If no information or wrong information is displayed then the bug is in the strigi analyzer.

And second you must execute nepomukindexer on that file and see possible error messages. In this case problem it's related to Nepomuk or Shared Desktop Ontologies.

If you don't see messages at all you need to enable debug output using kdebugdialog.