This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

weird Akonadi/Nepomuk problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sinclair
Registered Member
OS

weird Akonadi/Nepomuk problem

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:34 am
Since Friday I am having a strange problem. Am using Kubuntu 12.04 with KDE SC 4.9.2 and have had no problems with Semantic Desktop or Kontact/KMail for quite some time.

Meaning files are indexed, I can search, the "timelines" in Dolphin worked just fine (Today, Yesterday and so on). In KMail address autocompletion, Search etc worked.

But after a freeze suddenly no joy. From earlier experience I stopped akonadi, removed the nepomuk folder (.kde/share/apps/nepomuk) restarted akonadi and sat back while reindexing took place.

But for the first time this did not fully work. KMail works as expected but the systray "Desktop Search File Indexing" insists it is idle (even when it slowly reported increasing numbers of indexed file). In Krunner search for files only seems to work with files I have recently edited. In Dolphin the same and the "timelines" report like 3-4 files, searching for files give no result on files that have not been "touched" since the crash.

Anyone have an idea of what I can do to get the search functions back now that I had actually gotten used to them...

Kind regards
Sinclair ???
sinclair
Registered Member
OS
Think I found the problem and is kind of embarrassing but as it might help others: in the Desktop Search Settings somehow just a fraction of the subfolders in my HOME was chosen, how that happened I have no idea. Indexing is now active and I can see more and more files in Dolphin search....

/Sinclair
wotan
Registered Member
OS

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 am
So you just changed the list of folder to be indexed in the configuration panel and it started to work again ?
I have the same problem unless it does not want to restart even when I have a play with the selected folder.. :(
sinclair
Registered Member
OS

Re: weird Akonadi/Nepomuk problem

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:40 pm
Yes I just updated what folders in my HOME directory I wanted included in Desktop Search, probably rebooted and then it took a while for indexing to be done of course