This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dolphin can not delete tags from files

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pipolandis
Registered Member
OS
Hello there.

I am having some issues with deleting tags from files. Although I can create tags and also tag files, I can not delete tags from those files.

For example, I have created a tag named "temporal", tagged the file named "tumblr_mbln8aQ26Y1qcwrmho1_500.jpg" with it. But when I try to delete the "temporal" tag from this file, I get this message:

Code: Select all
dolphin(93155): "/home/error/imagenes/tumblr_mbln8aQ26Y1qcwrmho1_500.jpg" "user.xdg.tags" "" Error: "NOT NULL constraint failed: files.value Unable to fetch row"

Do you know why this is happening?.

I am running KDE 4.14.2 under FreeBSD 10.1

Thanks for your time, cheers!.
freininghaus
OS
I have no idea what the cause of the problem might be, sorry. Unless anyone has a better idea, you could file a bug report for the product "Baloo" (this is the library which handles tags): https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?prod ... mat=guided
google01103
Manager
moved to Semantic Desktop forum

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

vHanda
KDE Developer
OS
What kind of file system is the file on?
pipolandis
Registered Member
OS
freininghaus wrote:I have no idea what the cause of the problem might be, sorry. Unless anyone has a better idea, you could file a bug report for the product "Baloo" (this is the library which handles tags): https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?prod ... mat=guided

Thanks for your answer, I will consider the bug report. Anyway, I'll wait a bit to see if someone else has a solution.

google01103 wrote:moved to Semantic Desktop forum

Ok. I though it was a Dolphin's problem. Sorry.

vHanda wrote:What kind of file system is the file on?

My entire disk has the UFS file system. I have the tag problem with all files and/or directories.

Again, many thanks for your answers and your time. Have a nice new year!.

Last edited by pipolandis on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vHanda
KDE Developer
OS
In KDE4, Baloo tried to provide tagging/rating features no matter what. They are typically stored in the xattr of the files, and if the file system doesn't support xattr, in a custom database. The custom database approach hasn't been tested properly. It's what is giving you problems.

With Plasma 5, we no longer allow you to add tags/ratings in file systems which do not support xattr. It doesn't seem like UFS supports xattr. This mean that when you upgrade you won't be able to access your tags / ratings / comments any more. Please keep that in mind. For more information, please read - http://vhanda.in/blog/2014/08/extended- ... s-updates/

In a couple of months, a Qt5 (+KF5) version of Dolphin will be released which will use the newer Baloo. This will result in loads of improvements and no more tagging for you.

We won't be having any more releases of Baloo-Qt4.
pipolandis
Registered Member
OS
Thank you @vHanda, your answer is very explanatory. I will keep my eye on your blog.
Happy new year!

:)