This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ODF metadata with baloo-frameworks

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nmset
Registered Member
OS

ODF metadata with baloo-frameworks

Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:33 pm
Hello,

With baloo-frameworks and kfilemetadata5 (Arch Linux), either no ODF file metadata is displayed in Dolphin, or incomplete(title, subject, comments... missing) and wrong metadata (hundreds of pages for a one page document). No better luck after deleting $HOME/.local/baloo and running baloo again.

If I revert to baloo4 and kfilemetadata (4), hovering the mouse over an ODF entry in Dolphin shows all I expect to see.

I readily understand we are in a transitional phase to a competitive KDE5, requiring some unavoidable polishing.

I just want to know if there's an immediate workaround, and also report the problem in case it gets developer attention.

Regards.
vHanda
KDE Developer
OS
nmset wrote:Hello,

With baloo-frameworks and kfilemetadata5 (Arch Linux), either no ODF file metadata is displayed in Dolphin, or incomplete(title, subject, comments... missing) and wrong metadata (hundreds of pages for a one page document). No better luck after deleting $HOME/.local/baloo and running baloo again.

If I revert to baloo4 and kfilemetadata (4), hovering the mouse over an ODF entry in Dolphin shows all I expect to see.

I readily understand we are in a transitional phase to a competitive KDE5, requiring some unavoidable polishing.

I just want to know if there's an immediate workaround, and also report the problem in case it gets developer attention.

Regards.

We changed some binary compatibility issues with KFileMetaData5 which broke some of the integration between 4 and 5. Sorry about that. There isn't a simple fix until Dolphin moves to Frameworks which should be fairly soon.
nmset
Registered Member
OS
Finally moved to KF5 completely (plasma, desktop, dolphin...). All metadata of ODF files appear in Dolphin's tool tips, except the file's comments. balooshow shows that the comments have been indexed, ex :

71283834204719109 2053 16597061 /home/user/Documents/tmp.odt
Comment: C
Title: T
Subject: S
Software used to Generate the document: OpenOffice/4.1.1$Unix OpenOffice.org_project/411m6$Build-9775
Page Count: 1
Word Count: 0
Creation Date: 2015-08-29T16:26:48
Keywords: KW

I don't know if it's baloo's role to show these data in Dolphin. If so, can the comments be shown altogether, as it was the case in KDE4 ?

Thanks.