This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Are ratings displaying for anyone using Qt5 Dolphin?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
davidmar
Registered Member
OS
I'm just curious if the ratings are always displaying five stars for everyone else when using the qt5 version of Dolphin (set to be released with 15.08 release -- I am using the copy in master right now) ?

There is an existing bug report for this but I am wondering if the problem is affecting everyone or just certain corner cases.

Thank you.
nmset
Registered Member
OS
Clicking on the starts doesn't seem to change anything (ARCH) .
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
nmset wrote:Clicking on the starts doesn't seem to change anything (ARCH) .

IME it does set the rating correctly in the filesystem (you can check with "getfattr -d filename"), it "just" doesn't show it correctly.
If it's not saved either, you probably have some other problem, like e.g. using a filesystem that doesn't support extended file attributes.

And regarding the original question: yes, I see that here too, and IMHO it is a general issue, not just corner cases.
It did work correctly for me (with the Breeze theme only) with Breeze 5.3, but it was a bit confusing then I think: active stars were displayed black, while inactive ones were yellow.

Btw, if you hover the mouse over the rating stars, you should actually see the set rating (if you move the mouse pointer to the right-most star at least)...
That works with Breeze and Oxygen here.
davidmar
Registered Member
OS
wolfi323 wrote:
nmset wrote:Clicking on the starts doesn't seem to change anything (ARCH) .

IME it does set the rating correctly in the filesystem (you can check with "getfattr -d filename"), it "just" doesn't show it correctly.
If it's not saved either, you probably have some other problem, like e.g. using a filesystem that doesn't support extended file attributes.

And regarding the original question: yes, I see that here too, and IMHO it is a general issue, not just corner cases.
It did work correctly for me (with the Breeze theme only) with Breeze 5.3, but it was a bit confusing then I think: active stars were displayed black, while inactive ones were yellow.

Btw, if you hover the mouse over the rating stars, you should actually see the set rating (if you move the mouse pointer to the right-most star at least)...
That works with Breeze and Oxygen here.

Thank you both for responding. :) Yes, I noticed that it does seem to get set correctly but that the problem is the display. I had not noticed that by mousing over you can (barely on Breeze) see the actual rating. That is actually very helpful and I think I will add that to the bug report in case it helps someone fix this.
davidmar
Registered Member
OS
I just wanted to report that this bug appears resolved for me with Breeze and Frameworks 5.21 + Plasma 5.6.3 + KDE Applications 16.04 on my Gentoo system.

It may not be resolved for users using other themes such as Oxygen however. See further discussion here:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=339863

I am happy to see this finally resolved for me and have the ratings working quite well. Thank you to those who fixed it! :)