This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kickstart Menu to display only applications in search

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vfclists
Registered Member
OS
When I search the Kickstart menu in Plasma 5 for applications it displays a lot of documents I don't need. it didn't happen in KDE 5

How can that option be disabled?
Terminus
Registered Member
OS
In kickstart search for Plasma Search or access from system settings -> workspace -> search and disable everything you don't want. When you are done it should look like this.

vfclists
Registered Member
OS
Terminus wrote:In kickstart search for Plasma Search or access from system settings -> workspace -> search and disable everything you don't want. When you are done it should look like this.

http://i.imgur.com/5Aoo0jI.png

The screen shown seems to disable indexing of those items. I don't want to disable them from searching - I just don't want the search option in Kickstart to display documents, only applications.
google01103
Manager
did you try using Application Menu instead of Application Launcer?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

vfclists
Registered Member
OS
What I had installed was Application Launcher, and I have installed the Application Menu now and it is as I expect it.
What is the conceptual difference between Application Launcher and Application Menu, and what is the Application Dashboard as well?

They use the same icon and can be very confusing..
google01103 wrote:did you try using Application Menu instead of Application Launcer?

google01103
Manager
application dashboard is a full screen launcher

menu is a classical implementation, launcher is a modern design

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x