This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Plasma search context menu on file missing options

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
abc72656
Registered Member
Code: Select all
Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 11
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.0-11-amd64

Hello,

new user here. When i click the KDE menu button on the left of the bottom panel (i mean where are listed applications, search and action buttons..) - how it is named?

so i type something to search. It finds a file, i mouse right click it and there is only option to open the directory of that file.

That menu is desperately lacking option to Open With, Properties, Cut, Copy

I wanted to https://bugs.kde.org/query.cgi but do not know the product name or if this feature request belong there or have insignificant chance to be seen and implemented.

I hate outdated KDE bug tracking system, i like Gitlab.
dzon
Registered Member
It's a search, not a desktop application. As such, there are no desktop actions. You're looking for something like synapse.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
nuxwoxaflyh
Registered Member
abc72656 wrote:When i click the KDE menu button on the left of the bottom panel (i mean where are listed applications, search and action buttons..) - how it is named?

I think you are meaning "Kickoff", see https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Kickoff

abc72656 wrote:... so i type something to search. It finds a file, i mouse right click it and there is only option to open the directory of that file.

That menu is desperately lacking option to Open With, Properties, Cut, Copy ...

I see the same. If I look for an image file, the only option I have is to click and open it with Gwenview. Krunner behaves the same way...