This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to let Dolphin take advantage of Baloo ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jean-Marc Liotier
Registered Member
OS
So, I was looking for a Baloo GUI. Turns out that Dolphin, which I already use, is supposed to use Baloo for its search... But on my setup it doesn't.

Search configuration offers KFind in its "Main section" and a bunch of non-working options in "More tools"... But no mention of Baloo anywhere. Am I missing something ?

Currently, the ctrl-f file content search seems to use threads such as:
Code: Select all
filenamesearch.so [kdeinit5] filenamesearch local:/run/user/1000/klauncherAuvBdw.1.slave-socket local:/run/user/1000/dolphinPrBQLd.7.slave-socket
file.so [kdeinit5] file local:/run/user/1000/klauncherAuvBdw.1.slave-socket local:/run/user/1000/filenamesearch.soljLLKg.1.slave-socket

But none of those look like Dolphin is querying Baloo...

Or am mistaken in believing that Dolphin can use Baloo ?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
AFAIK Dolphin uses Baloo only for content searching. The easiest way to search with Baloo is to use krunner.

See also viewtopic.php?f=154&t=174552#p454044

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...