This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Simultaneous strigi indexing and file managing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Moult
Global Moderator
OS
Not sure exactly where to post this (say, shouldn't we have a "semantic" forum category?) but a while back whilst Strigi was indexing some of my files in the Trash directory I was also deleting those files. As a result it got confused and ended up refusing to index any more until I cleared everything and started again in the config files.

Today I realise that as soon as I delete something Nepomuk indexes it in the trash folder. Shouldn't there be something to prevent clashes happening?

Moult, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
thinkMoult - source for tech, art, and animation: hilarity and interest ensured!
WIPUP.org - a unique system to share, critique and track your works-in-progress projects.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Nepomuk shouldn't even be indexing the trash really...
Unfortunately it doesn't have the capability to "unindex" or "reindex" a file....

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
annew
Manager
OS
Well, the configuration page for which files to index can show hidden files, so in theory it should be possible to turn this off, shouldn't it?

annew, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct and a KDE user since 2002.
Join us on http://userbase.kde.org
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
@Moult:

special area for the semantic desktop? Done -> viewforum.php?f=154 ;)

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
Moult
Global Moderator
OS
Hmm - I've got .* and .*/ in Strigi index exclude filters in the configuration page but looking at it now it clearly says "Strigi is indexing files in .local/Share/Trash...etc" - looks as though it's ignoring those filters. Sounds like a bug, can anybody confirm this?

Moult, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
thinkMoult - source for tech, art, and animation: hilarity and interest ensured!
WIPUP.org - a unique system to share, critique and track your works-in-progress projects.
wes33
Registered Member
Unfortunately it doesn't have the capability to "unindex" or "reindex" a file....

Say what? Maybe this explains why when I delete a file it
still appears in strigi search. But this cannot be right.
The *first* thing an indexer has to handle is deletions.
So I don't understand the comment.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
As far as I am aware this may be implemented in KDE 4.5.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]