This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't start nepomuk

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
.Mu
Registered Member
OS

Can't start nepomuk  Topic is solved

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:13 am
hi,

after upgrading to SC 4.5 RC1, the nepomuk daemon doesn't start anymore. Of course I have "enable nepomuk semantic desktop" checked, but even if i uncheck and recheck nothing happens, the nepomuk icon doesn't appear in system tray and I can't see my tags and comments in the information tab in dolphin.

Any idea what the problem may be?

edit: if I run "nepomukserver" in a console it says "nepomuk server is already running"

edit2: nevermind, solved. I killed nepomukserver manually and then started it again. I got this:
Code: Select all
"11:12:55 Invalid log entry in replay. Delete transaction log /home/admin/.kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-virtuoso.trx or truncate at point of error. Valid data may exist after this record. A log record begins with bytes 193 188 5 188 0. Error at offset 362

after removing the file my tags and comments were back.
dr_agon
Registered Member

Re: Can't start nepomuk

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:46 am
Thanks for the hint. It solved my problem.

It's a pity there is no trace of problems with soprano-virtuoso in any system logs. Only after starting manually nepomuk the error messages appeared on the console.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Can't start nepomuk

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:08 am
The error messages were probably recorded in ~/.xsession-errors unless your distribution redirects the error messages to /dev/null (i'm not aware of any distributions which do this however).

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]