This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dolphin search not working in KDE SC 4.5 RC1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
drsjlazar
Registered Member
OS
FWIW, Nepomuk searching is working for me... though not completely as expected.

e.g. A search for 'peppermint' does not find a file 'VirtualBox_-_PeppermintOS-Ice-201007_VDI-[VirtualBoxImages.com].rar' but a search for 'peppermintos' does.

I am also running Arch with 4.5 from testing and for how I use it, KWin seems to be the only real show stopper.
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:Here's a test, find and dl a live cd with kde4.5 install or run it live and see if the problem is Arch packaging or 4.5. Note: finding a live with kde4.5 may be hard as it's pretty new (released 8/10)

This one should work:

http://home.kde.org/~kdelive/

And since it's not Arch, it should be usable to determine whether the problem is in Arch or not.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
roooooooooot
Registered Member
OS
Ah, well done for the link! I shall try it out and let you know what happens. Thanks very much for the help everyone!
roooooooooot
Registered Member
OS
4.5 works fine for me now, on archlinux, must've been my fault the other day. It was very screwed up, though, and all i did was do one little dot upgrade...

Thanks!
Vortex375
Registered Member
OS
FWIW, Nepomuk searching is working for me... though not completely as expected.

Yeah, same for me here. The search does not work very reliable. Entering some parts of a filename will produce results, while entering other parts of the same filename will not return anything. :-\
roooooooooot
Registered Member
OS
I just had to come back and say how wonderful dolphin search works at the moment. I navigate to a location, ctrl-F, type stuff, and it finds it. Thumbnail previews and all. Without indexing the location first.

Thank fsck for that, because KDE seems to be the only DE (including all the frankenstein window manager/filemanager/dock/panel combos I can cobble together) that actually behaves anything like the way I want.

Please, never never release a "KDE-Shell" or any other ridiculous "paradigm changing" garbage like gnome3 or I'll cry.

Anyway, well done. Even the "i hate the cashew" plasmoid works now!