This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Previews of files returned by nepomuk

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS
Just upgraded to 4.5, and first: nepomuk is A LOT faster than it was in 4.4, so thanks for that!

But I noticed something strange, and I'm not sure if it's intentional or an oversight. I always keeps the "Show previews" on in Dolphin, so imagine my surprise when I just got "Generic pdf" icon(s) in a search.

I checked the preview settings in Dolphin and noticed something new: now you can set how large files are allowed to be for the thumbnailer to bother with them depending on whether the file is local or remote. Great idea, and probably a good idea to have previews for remote locations turned off by default.

But why are nepomuk-searches considered remote? Because if I increase the megabyte threshold for remote locations I get previews for the searches.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Any protocol which does not explicitly declare itself as "local" is seen as remote. I guess Nepomuk has not made this declaration...

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS
In that case, I need to file a bug. The previews thing is only cosmetic but I noticed when I was trying to get some work done that it impedes my workflow (:

Edited to add: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=248234

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.