This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Nepomuk / Strigi / Kmail - mail index

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wawax
Registered Member
OS
Hi!
I upgraded my Kubuntu to 10.10 and now I have KDE 4.5.

Before upgrade I used beagle, which worked quite good with mail search. Now I turned on nepomuk and strigi. Documents and contacts were indexed and I can find them using krunner/krusader/dolphin. But can't find any mail. :-(

I found, that I have to manually show to Strigi hidden folders. I turned on every subfolder in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail, but it didn't help.

What should I do, to enable mail search?
jirik
Registered Member
OS
Strigi will be able to index email messages handled by Akonadi. However current KMail does not support storing messages to Akonadi yet. KMail 2, which will support this, is supposed to be released sometimes soon.
sredna
Registered Member
OS
I keep my mail in ~/Mail, and strigi indexes it fine. The problem is that when searching, the result displays the file name which is completely useless, it is something like "1992394854.696595.G948i:2,S" - it would be kinda smart to see some message data, like sender/receiver and subject.
jirik
Registered Member
OS
sredna wrote:I keep my mail in ~/Mail, and strigi indexes it fine. The problem is that when searching, the result displays the file name which is completely useless, it is something like "1992394854.696595.G948i:2,S" - it would be kinda smart to see some message data, like sender/receiver and subject.

This should be again possible with KMail 2, as far as I know.
einar
Administrator
OS
It works, but some bugs somewhere in the stack can lead the virtuoso-t process in an unrecoverable state, hogging CPU to 100%. The Nepomuk people are aware of it, however, and AFAIK are working on a solution.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
sredna
Registered Member
OS
jirik wrote:This should be again possible with KMail 2, as far as I know.

Wonderful :) That will be a big step forward!