This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Nepomuk Search Open File Location

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
clkal
Registered Member
OS

Nepomuk Search Open File Location

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:40 am
I have found that it would be very useful if you could open target directory of files in Nepomuk Search results. eg. With right clicking one of the results files there should be "Open file location" in context menu. Is this feature there already or am i missing something? I have been trying to google this feature but i haven't find any discussion about it...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
In Dolphin (KDE Trunk) it seems this feature exists. Right click on a search result, then select "Open path in New Tab" (or it's Window equivalent)

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
clkal
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:In Dolphin (KDE Trunk) it seems this feature exists. Right click on a search result, then select "Open path in New Tab" (or it's Window equivalent)

Thanks for you answer. I'm currently using KDE 4.6.3 (Opensuse Repo) and current Dolphin version has this "Open Path in New Tab" and "Open Path in new Window" -Feature but it opens the file directly to associated program in my case to kwrite. Wanted behaviour would be to open that file location in dolphin in new tab or window.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Nepomuk Search Open File Location

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:47 pm
When I press that on my system, it opens the containing folder as expected. Running KDE Trunk. Please try updating to KDE 4.6.4, it may be a bug which has been fixed.

KDE Sysadmin
HmpfCBR
Registered Member
OS

Re: Nepomuk Search Open File Location

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:25 am
In 4.6.4 it opens the path in new window/tab only if it is a folder, pictures for example are opened in gwenview after a new window/tab of dolphin is opened with a opened but unfilled search bar.

The (to me) annoying thing for the folder part of it is, that the opened path is the nepomuk path instead of the file system path. The latter one seems to be much more useful, but maybe I overlook something here.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Ok, this must have been fixed in KDE Trunk then.

KDE Sysadmin
stof999
Registered Member
OS
just updated opensuse to 11.4 (fine!)
since long i have a look on nepomuk, but till now it was not working proper. with 11.4 it seams that the dolphin-search with nepomuk works fine.

but the function "open location/folder", which clkal adressed above, is quite elementar for me.

bye, stof
clkal
Registered Member
OS
Well this is getting interesting. I noticed that with KDE 4.6.5 this worked for me as excpected. Today i upgraded to KDE 4.7 and this old "bug" is back... Anyone else having this issue with KDE 4.7 ? (4.7.0 "release 6").
HmpfCBR
Registered Member
OS
clkal wrote: I noticed that with KDE 4.6.5 this worked for me as excpected. Today i upgraded to KDE 4.7 and this old "bug" is back... Anyone else having this issue with KDE 4.7 ? (4.7.0 "release 6").

I did not pay attention to 4.6.5 but in 4.7.0 I see the same.
clkal
Registered Member
OS
I deleted ~/.kde4 -folder and now it seems to be working fine.. This resets KDE settings to default.