This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

"Nepomuk Indexing Agents Have Been Disabled" error at boot

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lelamal
Registered Member
OS
Hi all. After booting my computer I get the following notification:

Nepomuk Indexing Agents Have Been Disabled
The Nepomuk service is not available or fully operational and attempts to rectify this have failed. Therefore indexing of all data stored in the Akonadi PIM service has been disabled, which will severely limit the …

The following problems were detected: Calling the Nepomuk storage service failed: 'The name org.kde.NepomukStorage was not provided by any .service files'.

Additional help can be found here: userbase.kde.org/Akonadi

There's no real additional help at the link provided. It's really annoying, for I always get three or more of the same notifications at once. It makes me feel like something is wrong with my system, but it's a fresh installation of Oneiric 11.10, and I haven't tinkered with Nepomuk or anything at all, for that matter. I would appreciate any help to solve this issue. Many thanks in advance.
google01103
Manager
actually it's not a Nepomuk warning, it's generated by Akonadi and it's known https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=258171

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

lelamal
Registered Member
OS
google01103, thanks for your reply. But, as far as I understand it, people in the bug report are complaining because they actually have turned Nepomuk off, so they don't want to be bothered with notifications about what they already know. In fact, more than a proper bug, it's reported as a whishlist, and currently marked as invalid.

But I haven't turned anything off, I just want things to work properly because I haven't tinkered with their settings. I still would like to solve this issue. There has got to be something I can do, hopefully.
google01103
Manager
to clarify are you getting 3 distinct Nepomuk pop errors (which is what the bug report is regarding) or something different

lelamal
Registered Member
OS
No, rather than popups, I'm getting notifications. And not always three in a row, it can be also one only. But I repeat: the bug report is about people who have disabled Nepomuk. I didn't do it, and want it fully operational.
google01103
Manager
sounds to me like you have a different issue and should post a new bug emphasizing that Nepomuk is enabled

lelamal
Registered Member
OS
google01103, thanks for your suggestion. I just did it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=285999

Thanks for your support so far!
cx650t
Registered Member
OS
Just tried a suggestion I saw on another forum. Delete the home/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk folder and then reboot. Issue solved. It appears that the new version changes storage but doesn't update the storage path. Deleting the folder causes nepomuk to rebuild the path correctly and the error goes away.
lelamal
Registered Member
OS
I just tried your suggestion, but no luck! :(
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The "Nepomuk Indexing Agents" in question are part of Akonadi. Do you use any KDE PIM applications?
Have you disabled showing events in your Plasma Clock? (Calendar tab)

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
pratiksanglikar
Registered Member
OS
I'm having the same problem....
Please get it solved asap...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Which version of KDE are you using?
Do you use KDE PIM applications?