This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Listed suggestions

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Caro
Registered Member

Listed suggestions

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:34 am
Hi there, been playing around in Krita for the past few days now, and while it's coming along very nicely there are some issues it would be awesome to see addressed in the future. I've come from a photoshop background and I think it'd really elevate Krita's status as competition if a few things were addressed:

- When switching from the eraser tool to the brush tool, you have to press 'X' to get it to actually draw - otherwise, it acts as if eraser is still enabled.
- Different brush sizes for eraser and brush tool would be nice

- The ability to pin open documents to the sides / top / bottom of the image like in photoshop - tabbed documents but all in view. This is especially useful for painters with reference image/s and need to see these documents / pick colours while working on their art.

- The vertical scroll is faster than the horizontal scroll - is there a particular reason for this? It'd be nice if they were more or less the same speed.

I'll continue to post suggestions as I come across them, but it's looking awesome so far! Great job on it all guys :)
kamathraghavendra
Registered Member
OS

Re: Listed suggestions

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:00 am
Hello Caro,

Welcome to Krita,

1) Eraser is toggled by pressing 'E' ( unless you have changed the shortcut). In Krita eraser is not a tool like in Photoshop, it is actually a blend mode. So a brush with blend mode set to erase erases pixels. you can turn any painting tool which supports blend mode into eraser e.g you can erase with gradient tool too by just pressing 'E' you can set the layer blend mode to erase and make the layer content erase the content of the layer below.
By pressing 'X' you are switching the foreground and the backgound color.

2) Krita supports different brush sizes for eraser you have to enable that option in brush editor. Take a look at the screenshot below

Image.

when you enable this if you resize the brush while in erase mode ( by pressing 'E') the size of the eraser is remembered by Krita, if you go back to brush mode the size will be different.

3) You can have sub-window mode for this. Go to Setting menu > configure Krita > general > under window settings choose sub-window mode from drop down. then you can arrange multiple windows by tiling or cascading from window menu.
And we also have reference image docker. it is like a mini file explorer where you can browse and choose a reference image. You can zoom, pan, choose color from the image.
This docker can be enable from Settings > dockers > reference image.

4) I have no idea about the scroll issue may be developers can shed some light into this. How ever I have not found any problem.

Your suggestions are always welcome to make Krita a better digital painting tool.

thank you

P.S. pardon me if i made any grammatical or spelling error