This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Krita 3.0 - Wacom shortcut button not working

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
danielbarros
Registered Member
I just installed Krita 3.0 and I can see there is a problem (actually I already had this problem in the previous version, but I was waiting for this release to see if it was fixed) - I can't pan or zoom with "spacebar" or "middle click" shortcuts set to my Wacom pen buttons. When I use the actual buttons on the mouse or keyboard it works. And there is no problem like this in other softwares like Photoshop or Sketchbook Pro, the pen buttons are working fine. It is a new Wacom Intuos Pro with the latest drivers on Windows 10.

Krita is a very good program... I just need to fix this. If anyone could help I would appreciate.

Thanks in advance! Best regards!

Cheers! ;)
danielbarros
Registered Member
?

Last edited by danielbarros on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheraHedwig
KDE Developer
OS
we don't know why this happens, as it works just fine for other people, including ourselves :(
(Especially middle-mouse click on the stylus...)
halla
KDE Developer
OS
Yeah, if I install the wacom driver, install krita, don't configure anything, it just works for me on Windows, OSX and Linux. (Well, on Linux, I don't have to install the driver.)
danielbarros
Registered Member
Thanks...
I solved it by changing the usual Spacebar to Shift for panning and zooming on Settings - Configure Krita - Canvas Input Settings, and then applying it to the Wacom pen shortcut. So if someone has the same problem, try this. It works just fine. :) I have no idea why this problem was happening to me and only inside Krita. As I said, I have latest drivers, Windows 10 and simply installed Krita without changing any configuration (I can't even code a program to write "hello").

Sorry for being impatient. I know this is a free community and no one has to answer all the time, so I was wrong to shout for help. I was just desperate and didn't know where else to go or how to make this post more visible. But guys, answering that - I don´t have this problem, therefore I can't help you - doesn't really help anyone. I tried in other communities and when someone did not know the problem they would suggest another solution or even someone else who could help me. We are here to help and learn with each other, so just going to posts in forums to say "I don't have this problem in my machine, sorry" won't really help the community. And actually it is the other way around, we have to be glad when someone takes their time to use an open source program (in this case an excellent program: Krita) and when they find a problem they report it so the ones involved in developing it could try to find a solution, and everyone would benefit with an even better software. I think that is how an open source should work, with help from everyone involved. Bug reports should be welcomed, because that means people are interested in using that software and are helping by point out problems. Maybe this problem of mine was to specific, maybe no one else has it, I don't know, but I definitely didn't make it appear and was just looking for help.

Anyway... Krita is great! Peace!
Cheers! ;)
Graith
Registered Member
Having same issue, as middle click is not registering Krita. I can only get the button to work if I restart the "Wacom Professional Service", but then pen pressure doesn't work until I restart, which causes the button to not be registered again.

I'm running windows 7 x64 with a Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Small.