This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

brush, layer and color

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
blancou
Registered Member

brush, layer and color

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:12 am
Hello, :)
I am a cartoonist. Sorry, I am French and do not write well in English. :(

I have two ideas of functions for Krita. ;D

I often work with two brushes. A fine brush for drawing and a wide brush for color. With a layer for the drawing and a layer for the color. So, it would be great if a brush could be associated with a precise layer. Like this, every time we take this brush, we draw on the desired layer. Without having to select each time the layer of the drawing or the layer of the color. The work would be more instinctive.

An other idea. It would be nice to be able to create a "brushbox" in every new project. Put in this "brushbox" brushes with a color chosen for each. We will take the brush directly into the "brush box" without having to choose the color. An example : in my drawing work, I created brushes that draw only in black. I lowered the value to the maximum. But this could be expanded to all colors.

I hope I explained it well. What do you think ?

french cartoon author / a thousand excuses for my english
halla
KDE Developer
OS

Re: brush, layer and color

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:04 am
The second idea should be easy enough to implement in Python, for Krita 4.0. The first idea is intriguing, but it's going to be really "interesting" to design a user interface for that.
blancou
Registered Member

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:23 am
Hello,
I discovered that some brushes could be created in color. I use it to directly have the color that I use most often. :P

It's a bit like the second idea I gave. My idea was more precise. assign a brush to a color. So as soon as we pick up that color, we have the right brush. Many colors could have the same brush. When you open a document again, you find your color and the brushes that had been used.

blancou
Registered Member

Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:45 am
Hello,

I would like to attach an image to explain my idea, I do not know how to do on this forum.