This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

iOS compatibility for krita

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ssqueen
Registered Member

iOS compatibility for krita

Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:44 pm
Hello everyone!
I’d like to suggest an iOS version for krita. I adore krita and use it for everything and I think many people such as myself will find it very useful to have it on the go with a powerful device like the iPhone/iPad. I don’t really have any new features in mind, a functional port will do just fine.

I really appreciate the developers who work hard and spend their free time to deliver us such wonderful content and I apologize if the request is too complex or too large for right now.

Feel free to leave any comments and suggestions!
halla
KDE Developer
OS

Re: iOS compatibility for krita

Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:07 am
Even though there are some challenges, it's not technically complex...

But please lobby Apple first so they change the terms of usage for ipadOS and the ipadOS app store so applications licensed under the GNU Public License can legally be published there.

You have chosen to buy a locked-down device where you are not allowed to do what's normal for a computing device: install and run any software of your choice. You can only do with your iPad what Apple allows you to do, and they don't allow you to run Free software on the device you thought you owned, but actually don't.

And that's why we're not spending time on Krita for ipadOS.
ofericsims
Registered Member

Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:07 am
this is the first time I've heard of such an opportunity, thank you for sharing!
thirdchild
Registered Member

Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:08 am
How can I do this on my 13th iPhone? I would like to understand if this is possible in principle and what I should do about this. Also, my phone is linked to another country's phone provider, which can also affect the result, right? I have already found the unlock Verizon phone service, and I will fix this problem soon so that I can start right after that. In general, there are a lot of problems with this phone, and I don't know why everything is so hard and long this time. I hope someone will answer me; thank you in advance for any thoughts and advice