This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Enhanced layer display configuration

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mionorz
Registered Member
Hello. I have recently started using krita to create illustrations. 8)
I would like to request some enhancements to the layer comp.

The current layer display configuration window only has the ability to switch between a set of layers. I believe it is limited in its usefulness because it is displayed exclusively.

I sometimes use moho to create animations, and moho's layer comp is very powerful, so it would be very useful to have that functionality in krita as well.

It allows you to enable and disable multiple sets of layers. For example, you could create a layer set for a character's hat and turn it on and off, a layer set for a jacket and combine them to easily create multiple variations.

Then, if you can register those sets combined for the final rendering as further combination sets, you can create complex variations in an instant.
In the case of *moho, you can specify a layer set in the exporter and render it, so you can output variations all together.

This is a simple but very powerful feature that we hope you will incorporate into your krita workflow.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)