This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Customizing plasma applets logo size

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
RyanBram
Registered Member
OS
I try to use different icon for my Kickoff logo. The resolution is 80x32 pixel. But KDE stretched my icon to square-like shape, so it looks ugly.
How should I do to customizing menu icon size, so it will looks like menu panel in Mandriva 2009 that I attached below?

Mandriva 2009 Menu

RyanBram
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I believe this requires customising the code of Kickoff to use a different shaped tray icon. As far as I am aware it isn't possible to deliberately ask Kickoff to use a non-square shape.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
RyanBram
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:I believe this requires customising the code of Kickoff to use a different shaped tray icon. As far as I am aware it isn't possible to deliberately ask Kickoff to use a non-square shape.

I think the problem is not in the Kickoff widget but in the panel itself. When I try to look plasma-appletsrc configuration in my KDE4 Home folder. I found something like this:

plasma-appletrc settings in Mandriva 2009

In geometry settings I found that "geometry=0, 40, 80, 30", which I am very sure 80, and 30 describing width and height. But I have no idea what the meaning of immutability and plugin. Where is the place that I can search for plugin settings in KDE 4?

For additional information, the menu icon only affect the KDE Classic Menu, not the Kickoff Menu. When I try to change the classic menu to be the Kickoff, the icon revert back to KDE logo.

RyanBram
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
In the case of the Mandriva launcher you can tell that Mandriva have customised the default Kickoff launcher to act differently - with the size of it's logo being one of those differences.

I would recommend consulting their packages to see how hardcoded their changes are to their branding to see if you could utilise it.

If you are using a non-Mandriva distribution you may need to patch KDE or compile a patched plugin.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]