This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Many dialogs are just empty frames

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jbryanmohr@gmail.com
Registered Member

Many dialogs are just empty frames

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:10 pm
Kubuntu 12.04 using:

KDE Platform 4.8.1
Widget Style: QtCurve
GTK+ Widget Style: greybird
Desktop Effects Compositing: XRender
QT Graphics: Default (X11/XRender)

When I open various dialogs, all that shows is an empty frame. The contents are not visible and cannot be interacted with. A couple of examples are "active-settings", "File-New", "View Forms", and "View Units" in Lazarus-Qt

Any ideas?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Is this on a Plasma Active device, or a Desktop?
I have never heard of Lazarus-Qt unfortunately.

Do applications such as System Settings or KWrite work properly?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
jbryanmohr@gmail.com
Registered Member
bcooksley wrote:Is this on a Plasma Active device, or a Desktop?
I have never heard of Lazarus-Qt unfortunately.

Do applications such as System Settings or KWrite work properly?

This is on a desktop. I'm not sure how or why plasma-active got installed but I have since tried to find all the pieces and uninstall it. It doesn't seem to have changed anything except that "active-settings" is no longer there. But the Lazarus dialogs are still empty. KWrite and System Settings works. Ark works sometimes. With Ark, usually the first screen comes up fine, then when you hit Extract, the location dialog doesn't always work but shows the same behavior as Lazarus Dialogs.

Lazarus is a cross-platform compiler. It can be compiled to use gtk2 or qt4 widget sets. It works fine when using gtk2, but not with qt4. I originally suspected a problem with Lazarus, and asked that dev team about it but nobody else had a problem using either widget set. Then I noticed the problems outside of Lazarus and posted here.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
If you run Lazarus with the command line option "-style plastique" does it work correctly?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]