This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Editing favorites menu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Garthhh
Registered Member
OS

Editing favorites menu

Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:37 pm
when I open the application launcher menu & go to favorites, if I right click the app opens, I'd like to delete some items from this menu
I can go to a launcher I can right click & remove from the fav menu
which makes favorites disappears until I right click app launcher menu & change a setting [any setting], seems like a bug
I have one app gtkpod, which I uninstalled, so it doesn't appear anywhere else, how do I make it go away?
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Editing favorites menu

Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:18 pm
Which application launcher and which version? I can't reproduce this in Kickoff (the default application launcher in Plasma Desktop) in 4.8.1.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Garthhh
Registered Member
OS

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:08 pm
Hans wrote:Which application launcher and which version? I can't reproduce this in Kickoff (the default application launcher in Plasma Desktop) in 4.8.1.

I added widget to a panel I built named
application launcher menu
which appeared the same as the default on the stock bottom panel
a new install of Mageia1
kde4.6
Hans
Administrator
OS

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:16 pm
Can you please take a screenshot? I know that Mandriva uses some custom widgets, not sure if it's the same for Mageia. It could also be something that has been fixed in recent versions (in fact, I seem to remember that Kickoff had the issue you're describing). If you can I would highly recommend that you upgrade.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Garthhh
Registered Member
OS

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:40 pm
Hans wrote:Can you please take a screenshot? I know that Mandriva uses some custom widgets, not sure if it's the same for Mageia. It could also be something that has been fixed in recent versions (in fact, I seem to remember that Kickoff had the issue you're describing). If you can I would highly recommend that you upgrade.

I don't want to run bleeding edge
is kde a 6 month merry go round?
I need stability, not to be building continually
google01103
Manager

Re: Editing favorites menu  Topic is solved

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:11 pm
I don't believe Mageia uses the standard KDE launcher or panel and if that's the case you might be better off asking on their forum

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Garthhh
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:00 pm
google01103 wrote:I don't believe Mageia uses the standard KDE launcher or panel and if that's the case you might be better off asking on their forum

Thanks for your reply
google01103
Manager

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:20 pm
Garthhh wrote:
google01103 wrote:I don't believe Mageia uses the standard KDE launcher or panel and if that's the case you might be better off asking on their forum

Thanks for your reply

let me know if I'm mistaken, as best as I can tell Mandriva has partnered (?) with Rosa Labs and uses some of their desktop enhancements/products so I assume Mageia does also see http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... osalab.ru/

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Garthhh
Registered Member
OS

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:16 am
google01103 wrote:
Garthhh wrote:

Thanks for your reply

let me know if I'm mistaken, as best as I can tell Mandriva has partnered (?) with Rosa Labs and uses some of their desktop enhancements/products so I assume Mageia does also see http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... osalab.ru/

as far as I can tell the reason there is a mageia, is because of changing priorites at mandriva, rosa labs just the latest example/symptom
I think the rubber maybe about to hit the road for mageia
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.mageia.user/5905