This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

desktop colour

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
corkscrew22b
Registered Member

desktop colour

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Hi I have just switched from gnome to kde 11.1 version 4.8.1
I just want to do something very simple and i'm finding it impossible how on earth do you change the desktop background colour?
In all other ubuntu i've used and windows simple right click and you have the option, surely there must be a simple way to do this
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: desktop colour

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:24 pm
You want the desktop to only have a solid color? Right click on desktop -> Desktop Settings -> Wallpaper: Color.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
corkscrew22b
Registered Member

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:45 pm
I dont have that option on the right click menu on the desktop
google01103
Manager

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:08 pm
this is what it should look like, how is yours different

at some point did you change you mouse actions?

try the alt+d, alt+s but must do it on the desktop

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: desktop colour  Topic is solved

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:13 pm
corkscrew22b wrote:I dont have that option on the right click menu on the desktop

It may be called "Folder View Settings" or something similar depending on your desktop layout setting. You can also find it in the desktop toolbox (yellowish icon, usually in the top-right corner).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
corkscrew22b
Registered Member

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 pm
Thanks Hans
Yes mine is called folder view settings