This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dolphin icon issue

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
capedmadman
Registered Member

Dolphin icon issue

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:34 am
Whenever I change icon themes I have issues with the icons in Dolphin. For some odd reason it doesn't change all of the icons. I searched and found this thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100926&p=217451&hilit=icon#p217451 . I tried everything it said since I was experiencing the same issues but for some odd reason the main folder icons won't change no matter what. Any ideas?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Dolphin icon issue

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:31 am
Which folder(s) are you referring to exactly? Are these the ones in the "Places" area, or the main file browsing area?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
capedmadman
Registered Member

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:04 pm
I am referring to the ones in the main browsing area.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:22 am
Does this occur with all folders, including System Wide ones (in /usr for instance) or just a few certain folders?

If it is just a few certain folders, they may have had their icon set manually. The easiest way to clear this is to remove the .directory file from within these folders.

KDE Sysadmin
capedmadman
Registered Member

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:46 pm
It happens with all the folders including system folders and I tried to remove the .directory to see if it helped but still no luck.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 pm
Are you sure that the theme you have selected provides folder icons with the correct names? If it does not, then KDE will begin to fallback to other icon themes.

KDE Sysadmin
capedmadman
Registered Member

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:41 am
Yes, I have tried multiple different themes as well as removing the themes altogether and reinstalling them. I have even tried the get themes option in system settings as well as downloading and extracting them to /usr/share/icons.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:38 am
I am mystified in that case, as KDE software loads icons through their name - so alternative Icon theme icons should be used, unless the icon has been linked to by path.

KDE Sysadmin