This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kickoff no longer launching on Alt-F1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS
My kickoff menu no longer launches on Alt-F1. Not sure why. Can anyone please tell me how to reset/reassign it? Thanks.

- X-Man
Hans
Administrator
OS
Right click on Kickoff -> Application Launcher Settings -> Keyboard Shortcut, is it set to Alt+F1? If not, set it and click OK.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS
Right. That was the first thing I checked :) It IS set, but still not working. Is something else capturing the Alt-F1? When I press it, nothing seems to happen.

- X-Man
Hans
Administrator
OS
Hm, that sounds weird. Try to set it to something else and see if it works.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
xmanmonk
Registered Member
OS
<spock>
Fascinating
</spock>

Not only did that work, but when I changed it back, now Alt-F1 works. That was so obvious as to warrant me slapping myself silly with a dead fish. Thanks!

- X-Man