This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is it possible to change oxygen window decorator?

Tags: appearence, kde, window decoration, oxygen appearence, kde, window decoration, oxygen appearence, kde, window decoration, oxygen
(comma "," separated)
c-c-m
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

I have made some changes in my color scheme and icons and now I would like to make changes into window decoration in order to match. Although there are quite a lot of downloadable window decorators, I have to admit that I didn't find any with so many configuration options nor appearence as default's oxygen. However, oxygen default's color (light grey) do not match with my new color set, so I would like to know if it possible to change its colors.

thank you,

Carlos
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
In theory I would have thought the Oxygen window decoration would have sourced it's colours from the active colour scheme.
Have you checked in System Settings > Workspace Appearance > Window Decorations > Configure Decorations for the settings you desire?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
c-c-m
Registered Member
OS
Thank you.
Yes that would have been the expected behaviour.
I have also tried with window decoration settings and I can change many many things (That's why I like oxygen) but not its colours (I can only choose to show gradient or solid background on window title, but I didn't see anywhere to change its color).

Hope there's a solution! Although KDE gives a lot of choices of changing it, I am still getting used to the many options we are given!
thanks
Hans
Administrator
OS
Try System Settings -> Application Appearance -> Colors -> Colors tab -> Color set: Window -> change Normal Background.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
c-c-m
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

I tried this, but (if I understood correctly) that only changes window background nor window decoration's background (the title bar and the icons in order to minify, close...).

Regards
Hans
Administrator
OS
It changes the window decoration here as well. You can have a look at other color schemes and see how they do it (there are quite many options in there, and I'm not very familiar with the system).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
c-c-m
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

I have tried with several scheme colors with no success. Although they do change window's titles color's background in other windows decorators, oxygen ignores that configuration. I am wondering why, since it's supposed to be very customizable and multi-purpose.

Hope anyone can help me.

Regards
scummos
Global Moderator
OS
As far as I remember, oxygen has that "outline active window title" option, and will only draw a colorful bar if that is enabled.

Greetings

I'm working on the KDevelop IDE.