This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Mountpoint icons.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Eurt
Registered Member
OS

Mountpoint icons.

Thu May 17, 2012 1:03 pm
Greetings. Is it possible to change the icon of a mountpoint, once it has been mounted, without changing the original dir which was mounted?
I mean, I want to mount bind some dirs which are in a ntfs partition in my user folder, but I am not able to change the icons once mount has been done... You know... They get those from the ntfs partition instead, and for some reason I can't change icons on ntfs partitions... :(
I've been thinking about symlinks... But I don't like the small arrow...
Any ideas?
Thanks.
google01103
Manager

Re: Mountpoint icons.

Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Eurt
Registered Member
OS

Re: Mountpoint icons.

Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 pm
My problem does not concern Samba or NFS. It happens even if the dir to be mounted and the mountpoint are in the same dir. The mountpoint always get the mounted icon. I want to have different ones. I even tried to make those changes at sources but did not work.
Eurt
Registered Member
OS

Re: Mountpoint icons.  Topic is solved

Fri May 18, 2012 2:44 pm
Well... Shame on me, I compiled the sources but not installed them. Now I can change icons at the ntfs partition so, the mountpoints of my user folder do changes with'em. Not what I actually was looking for, but a really good workaround.
Thanks.