This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Changing Konsole font: causing dissappearing characters

Tags: konsole, monospace, fonr, disappear, characters konsole, monospace, fonr, disappear, characters konsole, monospace, fonr, disappear, characters
(comma "," separated)
rascranasingha
Registered Member
OS
Well sooner or later I figured I had to come back ;D

I've recently fallen in love with the Mac OSX monospace font Monaco, a few seconds of Google and I had the font installed on my system. ^-^

I first tried it in KATE (KWrite); no problems there, Konsole and Yakuake; problem. :( What appears to be the problem is that Konsole is hiding a part of the prompt to the left for some reason. My guess? Monaco's character width is a little wider than the standard font that's used by Konsole, I'm guessing konsole uses that width instead of the new character width, which ends up in this.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7624/xamc.png

I'm not really worried about this since I can get it working on KATE (my main reason), but I'm still on 4.4.5, so if anyone's willing to test and see if it's fixed in a later version, I'll just migrate to that when it's good and ready.

And my compliments to the web-team, the forums are looking rad now!

කරපු තරමක් කෙරුවෙ උදව්... අහපු තරමක් ඇහුව බැනුම්
- If you expect to help... expect earshot (Singhalese Proverb)

I wish I was Dave Bowman, I really do. :(
scummos
Global Moderator
OS
I can confirm this issue with recent versions of KDE. It's a bit annoying and should be fixed. Maybe open a bug report?

I'm working on the KDevelop IDE.
rascranasingha
Registered Member
OS
scummos wrote:I can confirm this issue with recent versions of KDE. It's a bit annoying and should be fixed. Maybe open a bug report?

Thanks for confirming, I guess I will file a bug report then, otherwise I wont get it fixed even after I migrate to a later version.

Edit:
Okay, I filled out a comment on a similar case that could include this one on the Bugtracker.

Last edited by rascranasingha on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Bug reports can be opened at bugs.kde.org.
Once you have opened the report, please post a link to it here.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
rascranasingha
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Bug reports can be opened at bugs.kde.org.
Once you have opened the report, please post a link to it here.

I filed a comment under an already existing bug that seems to be experiencing the same similar problem due to character width, I'm hoping that was the correct thing to do.

Here's the report:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=297390