This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Taskbar like Windows 7?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Xplorer4x4
Registered Member
OS

Re: Taskbar like Windows 7?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:09 pm
hey blackpaw, thanks for the tips. I was shying away from (K)ubuntu because I read awhile back about how the buntu devs knowingly let some major security issues knowingly slip through to the final release. Just seemed like Debian was a more solid os, but I know buntu is typically reffered to as proabably the easiest distro for noobs. That seems to be true as I have managed to install alot of stuff with out breaking my sysytem. Plus I can hot swap my HDDs right out of the box. Plus the default repo is much more up to date. Now granted Debian testing has a good portion(maybe mostly?) up to date apps and libraries but some how xorg from Debian Testing was causing driver problems after the inital reboot thinking I had multiple monitors, which I dont, and a few other xorg related errors.

Intel Core i7 2600K CPU
MSI P67A-G45 Mobo
2x4GB Corsair Vengance RAM
Sapphire Raedon 4890HD Vapor-X GPU
1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD
1x80GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD
2x1TB Western Digital HDDs
2x2TB Wester Digital HDDS
Corsair HX520W PSU
Thermaltake Mozart TX Case
Xplorer4x4
Registered Member
OS

Re: Taskbar like Windows 7?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:02 pm
blackpaw, I am curious, in what ways do you feel it is better then the Win 7 taskbar? I have hardly gotten to play around with KDE but I have the next ~5 hours or so to play around with it now. It may very well be vetter in ways but I am curious to know specifics! :p

Thanks for the kbuntu recommendation.If my linux experience can be as good as Kubuntu as given me so far, I dont think I will have second thoughts of going back to windows. Debian was getting me closer and closer but I dont give up easily, thankfully.

Intel Core i7 2600K CPU
MSI P67A-G45 Mobo
2x4GB Corsair Vengance RAM
Sapphire Raedon 4890HD Vapor-X GPU
1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD
1x80GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD
2x1TB Western Digital HDDs
2x2TB Wester Digital HDDS
Corsair HX520W PSU
Thermaltake Mozart TX Case