This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Increasing contrast of focus decoration

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
johnnybaloney
Registered Member
Hello,

I would like to make outlines of controls that currently have focus more pronounced. The default setting for focus decoration was a light blue animated outline that appeared when a control got focus. I have changed its colour to black which was a slight improvement but what I would also like to do is to disable that animation and make the outline fatter. Can it be done?

For example, on the picture below the "Help" button has focus:

Thanks
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Unfortunately I cannot seem to find an option which manipulates this - but I do believe that the colour is controlled by the colour scheme. You may wish to check for other similar colours and try changing them as well.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
johnnybaloney
Registered Member
Thanks for your reply. I didn't get any further by playing with the colour or effects settings apart from observing an interesting behaviour.

When I change both 'Focus Decoration' and 'Hover Decoration' to #000000 the focusing breaks - every time a button gets focus (or you hover over it) the outline disappears immediately. But change the colour of both to #000001 and it works as it should. See the screencast.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Please report this as a bug at bugs.kde.org, against Oxygen.

KDE Sysadmin
pagoda
Registered Member
OS
Are the buttons not part of the plasma theme?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Applications and Plasma are themed seperately at this time. Plasma uses a SVG based theme, while Applications use Qt/C++ based Qt styles, one of which is Oxygen.

KDE Sysadmin
johnnybaloney
Registered Member
Done, thanks.