This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change scrollbar color in oxygen widget style

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
blindvic
Registered Member
OS
pagoda wrote:In spite of this, it is still possible to change scrollbar and progressbar colors and style, simply editing by hand the gtk2.css and gtk3.css files of the selected theme in /usr/share/themes/<Theme>

But this affects only rendering of GTK apps?
pagoda
Registered Member
OS
Well good question...

I posted my earlier response in terms of Ubuntu which is only gtk2 (still?) + 3 apps. Here on Kubuntu I settle for oxygen style scrollbars for example, but still wish to set their color independantly of my window color selection.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You may be able to use Qt Stylesheets to customise the scrollbar colours.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
pagoda
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:You may be able to use Qt Stylesheets to customise the scrollbar colours.

Thank you for the info bcooksley. I'll look into this some.
blindvic
Registered Member
OS
Also, i don't know how to change window title bar color. I mean i've set it to light blue, but it's always grey!
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Doesn't changing the button background color in the color settings change the scrollbar color? I'm using oxygen-gtk in (k)ubuntu 10.04, oxygen-gtk 1.2.4 and the scrollbars are using the same color as the buttons which in my color scheme is a bit darker than the window background.

As for the coloring of the window borders - that depends on the particulars of the window decoration in use. Oxygen's and bespin's decorations are designed to blend in with the rest of the window and thus use the window background color instead of the titlebar color set in color settings. In the case of Oxygen, there is the Outline active window title option under Fine Tuning in the Oxygen window decoration settings which will color the titlebar as you expect except for the area under the title text.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
pagoda
Registered Member
OS
Thanks airdrik,
I always use the same color for window/button combinations but you are correct, scrollbar color is set the same as the button color not window color as I stated above. As bcooksley indicated, QT Stylesheets might allow separate colors for scrollbars.
blindvic
Registered Member
OS
airdrik wrote:Doesn't changing the button background color in the color settings change the scrollbar color?
Yes it does, except that i want scrollbar color to be different from the button background color.

airdrik wrote:Oxygen's and bespin's decorations are designed to blend in with the rest of the window and thus use the window background color instead of the titlebar color set in color settings. In the case of Oxygen, there is the Outline active window title option under Fine Tuning in the Oxygen window decoration settings which will color the titlebar as you expect except for the area under the title text.
Thanks, that worked!

pagoda wrote:As bcooksley indicated, QT Stylesheets might allow separate colors for scrollbars.
How can i use Qt Stylesheets in KDE?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
First you will need to create a Qt stylesheet, follow the Qt development documentation.
Then run KDE/Qt applications with the arguments: "--stylesheet /path/to/stylesheet" (changing the path to suit).

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]