This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Automatic display (monitor) configuration.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ftclausen
Registered Member
Hello,

Firstly, I would like to say, I have only been using KDE for a few days and it works very well. Good job!

I have a query regarding configuration of multiple monitors in an automatic fashion. I have found various references to using scripts but I was wondering if KDE now supports this out of the box. I am using Fedora 17 with KDE 4.8.5.

What would be ideal would be for KDE to automatically detect external monitors plugged into my laptop and start using them. For example

* Unknown monitors just clone from laptop panel
* Previously plugged in and configured monitor combinations should be remembered and re-used. For example, my work setup with 2 x external monitors should be re-used without me reconfiguring anything. Then, at home, with 1 x external monitor, should be remembered from the previous use and automatically used

I know it is perhaps a big ask but I thought I would mention it in case there is a way to achieve this already?

Thanks,

Fred.
KAMiKAZOW
Registered Member
OS
I could be wrong but I don't think that Xorg supports that.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
While technically it is possible, KDE currently does not have the monitor configuration software to do that at this stage.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]