This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Solved] Wrong icon in tool tips and information panel...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pagoda
Registered Member
OS
I have changed the folder icons I use in a copy of the default oxygen icon set. The changes have applied everywhere except for tool tips and the information panel in Dolphin, and only when a folder contains images it seems. The inode-directory image has been pointed to the correct image in file associations also. (Though I don't think this is necessary when changing all folder and inode-directory png's). Caches have been cleared and plasma restarted too.
What have I missed?

Last edited by pagoda on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Hmm, the icon for the "inode/directory" mimetype should be used according to the code.
Code: Select all
    //Use the current (custom) folder icon
    KUrl tempDirectory = directory;
    tempDirectory.setScheme("file"); //iconNameForUrl will not work with the "thumbnail:/" scheme
    QString iconName = KMimeType::iconNameForUrl(tempDirectory, S_IFDIR);

const QPixmap folder = KIconLoader::global()->loadMimeTypeIcon(iconName,
                                                                   KIconLoader::Desktop,
                                                                   qMin(m_width, m_height));

If you check the properties of the folder(s) affected, is the correct icon displayed?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
pagoda
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for your reply bcooksley,
In most cases a picture tells a 1000 words...

I think I remember being caught with this issue using the older oxygen icon set where it had some 'inode-directory' icons in /usr/share/icons/default/16/mimetypes but in this install there are none. From memory changing this icon to the desired one did the trick...

Does this help?

EDIT
Note if I delete the images from the KDE folder shown above everything works fine.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Very unusual. The code indicates that this should work properly.
Can you please try deleting the content of ~/.thumbnails/ outside of KDE?

KDE Sysadmin
pagoda
Registered Member
OS
Can you please try deleting the content of ~/.thumbnails/ outside of KDE?

Ok first time I've done this...
Ctrl+Alt+F1, login as user...
cd ./thumbnails
rm -r large
rm -r normal

sudo reboot

Problem still exists...
pagoda
Registered Member
OS
Ok. Just going through the usual deleting caches, reapplying icon themes etc and something seems to have done the trick. All views working now as they should. Not sure what it was though...

bcooksley thanks for your help yet again.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Good to hear clearing the caches fixed the issue (/var/tmp/kdecache-$USER was my next target).

KDE Sysadmin