This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

task manager disappeared

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
manchette
Registered Member
OS

task manager disappeared

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:29 am
Hello ;)

i was using opensuse 12.1 and kde 4.9.1 and i lost the task manager (is this the right name i'm not sure) : the place that shows all the opened softwares.
Also the time plasmoid moved to the center of the task bar and is now 17cm long ...with the volume, klipper and akonadi icons to its left.

I'm now using alt + tab to see all the soft i 'm using. there are some opened softs i can't see with alt + tab , or can't reach for they are opened in a different virtual desktops, a really strange behaviour right now :(
How can i have back the previous right behavior please ?

btw I upgraded to opensuse 12.2 and kde 4.8.4 but this does not help.

Thanks ;)

manchette, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
last openSUSE version : Leap 42.1... / Last Kde Plasma version : 5.0.xxx ...
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: task manager disappeared  Topic is solved

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 am
You can always add a new default panel by right clicking on the desktop -> New Panel -> Default Panel (unlock widgets if needed). Or you can add a new Task Manager widget from the Add Widgets... browser.

The Plasma HowTo is a bit outdated but might be helpful if you're not used to adding widgets etc.: http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/HowTo#Panel_Widgets

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
manchette
Registered Member
OS

Re: task manager disappeared

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:10 am
hi,
i successfully added a new task manager, a great realief for this is a very comfy applet.
In fact from top right corner it appears unticked, when it is thicked from the plasmoid menu from the task bar at the bottom of the screen which is certainly why i did not find it when looking for it there.

Any idea how come it went away ?

manchette, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
last openSUSE version : Leap 42.1... / Last Kde Plasma version : 5.0.xxx ...
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: task manager disappeared

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:00 pm
Unfortunately I have no idea why it disappeared. Usually it's because you've removed it from the right click menu; to ensure that it doesn't happen, you can lock your widgets.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts