This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Add an action to exit menu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hteles
Registered Member
OS

Add an action to exit menu

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:35 pm
Hello guys.

Im trying to add a action to suspend a x2gosession to the section Leave in kde4 4.9.1 Launcher.

Does anyone know how can i accomplish that?

Right now in a kiosked kde4 i have Lock Desktop, Shutdown and i want to put another, that it's a simple bash script that will suspend session, but i don't want to put it in any of the menus sections because this is where it should be.

Regards,

hteles
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Add an action to exit menu

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 am
If you are referring to the "Leave" menu in Kickoff I believe it is determined programatically, so you would need to alter the source code to change it.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
hteles
Registered Member
OS

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:30 am
bcooksley wrote:If you are referring to the "Leave" menu in Kickoff I believe it is determined programatically, so you would need to alter the source code to change it.

hi bcooksley,

thanks for your reply once more.

Do you think that would be possible to hijack one of the other leave actions to execute my script?

all of the following system and session actions are disabled to the users by kiosk interface : suspend, poweroff, switch user

I can't seem to find the desktop or interface files to them, any hint if that can be accomplished?

regards,
Hteles
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Add an action to exit menu  Topic is solved

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 am
From my knowledge of the code, they are not represented by *.desktop files as they involve the execution of special code checks before hand to make sure they are available - and special actions need to be taken to carry them out (which requires code once more).

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
hteles
Registered Member
OS

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:46 am
bcooksley wrote:From my knowledge of the code, they are not represented by *.desktop files as they involve the execution of special code checks before hand to make sure they are available - and special actions need to be taken to carry them out (which requires code once more).

once again thanks,

it will have to stay in kickoff in Computer Tab. Better than nothing.

thanks & regards,

hteles