This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Big KDM password fonts.... Please help !!!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
raaj01
Registered Member
OS
Hi

I have installed Opensuse 12.2 (32 bit) with KDE 4.9.2 "release 511" as my desktop. I am unable to change my kdm fonts no matter what I try. I went through different threads and tried the following:

1) In personal settings, have anti-aliasing enabled and force fonts DPI to 96.
2) Changed font size in Personal settings>Login Screen.
3) Added "ServerArgsLocal=-nolisten tcp -dpi 96" in kdmrc under [X-*-Core] section.
4) Added "-dpi 96 “ under DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_LOCALARGS in /etc/sysconfig.
5) Added "kdm4" under DISPLAYMANAGER in /etc/sysconfig.
6) Included
Option "UseEdidDpi" "FALSE"
Option "DPI" "96 x 96"
in 50-device.conf file.

Nothing, I mean nothing has changed in the login screen. I have NVIDIA 304.43 driver installed and Kernel is 3.4.6-2.10-desktop i686. In previous versions of Opensuse, one of the 6 mentioned possible changes would solved the problem. Where am I going wrong this time ???? Please help, I am completely lost after trying for 2 days !!!!
Hans
Administrator
OS
I believe it has to do with your KDM theme. For example, I've personally edited /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/ariya/ariya.xml, line 5:
Code: Select all
   <style font="Sans 12" window-text-color="#bfd9ff"

to
Code: Select all
   <style font="Sans 8" window-text-color="#bfd9ff"

This usually requires root permission and will probably be overwritten when you update. Another option could be to copy a KDM theme, edit it, and install it as a new theme.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
raaj01
Registered Member
OS
Problem solved. I can now control the font sizes in the kdm login screen. Thank you very much !!!!