This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Folder contents preview on mouse hover

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
raaj01
Registered Member
OS
I have installed Opensuse 12.2 (32 bit) with KDE 4.9.2 "release 511" as my desktop. I am currently using folder view layout.
When I hover mouse over a folder, i get a pop up showing the contents of the folder. Here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/snapshot1k.png/ is a snapshot of my desktop showing the feature. I tried Dolphin > Settings > Configure Dolphin > General > Previews and deselected everything and also Untick "Show tooltips" in Dolphin > Settings > Configure Dolphin > General > Behavior. It does not seem to go away. I was able to do this in KDE 4.6 but I forgot how. Any ideas ??
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The only setting I am aware of is at System Settings > Workspace Behaviour > Workspace. Make sure "Show informational tips" is unticked.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
raaj01
Registered Member
OS
Unchecking "Show informational tips" in System Settings > Workspace behavior > Workspace does not seem to disable the feature in spite of restarting the system after making the change. Any more suggestions ?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I have examined the source code of the Folder View applet and it turns out it is not possible to disable the folder popup or change the duration before it shows.

KDE Sysadmin
raaj01
Registered Member
OS
Thank you for your reply. The option to disable the "folder contents preview" was present in the previous versions, I would like to submit a request to have that option back. Where can I make this request ? under "KDE workspace vision" ?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
A request in this vein should be made on bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
Hans
Administrator
OS
In the folder view settings -> Display, do you have the option "Click to view folder"? Try to check it and then click OK.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
raaj01
Registered Member
OS
Hans wrote:In the folder view settings -> Display, do you have the option "Click to view folder"? Try to check it and then click OK.

I tried and it does not work. Did you succeed in disabling the feature ?
apogarte
Registered Member
Hans wrote:In the folder view settings -> Display, do you have the option "Click to view folder"? Try to check it and then click OK.

hi

i have NO folder view preview either with "clik to view folder" checked or unchecked

do i have to change some other setting ?

thanks
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
@apogarte: Please open a new topic for your issue. In that topic, please include your KDE version, as well as if you have Plasma tooltips enabled.

KDE Sysadmin