This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

qtcurve, opacity and firefox.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
knightron
Registered Member

qtcurve, opacity and firefox.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 am
Hello, only recently did i begin to experiment with the qtcurve widget style. I love it. I have qtcurve-gtk2 installed as well.
In the settings i have enabled opacity on the windows and it looks very nice. qtcurve-gtk2 seems to be working right; gimp, gpodder and cheese work perfectly. Firefox, Thunderbird and even Opera however do not adopt the opacity settings though. (I have the Opera-kde4 package installed too)
These packages are not in the acceptations list, does anyone know why they're not adopting the opacity?

Thank you
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: qtcurve, opacity and firefox.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:14 am
Firefox and Thunderbird are Gtk applications in name only, because they use XUL extensively. As such you will need to locate QtCurve themes for theme seperately, through their respective addon services.

As for Opera, I believe it is similar, only it uses something different. You may wish to try selecting the option "Use system colours" in the theme settings - make sure you are using the shared rather than statically linked version though otherwise it won't work.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
knightron
Registered Member

Re: qtcurve, opacity and firefox.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 pm
Damn, guess they won't match it then. No worries. Thanks for helping. :)