This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kde customization on hi-def laptop (1920x1200)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
apogarte
Registered Member
hello
i have some difficulties with display adjustments on a compaq nw8440 laptop with ati fire 1920x1200
display : with standard adjustments, caracters are displayed in a VERY small size (wich is relative to the number of pixels), while after doing some tweaks in the display with system settings, gives some results but for instance with text superpositions in firefox, and particularly superposition of icons in the device notifier, wich makes it difficult to read and/or select an action or even a device.

My question is therefore : how shall i adjust display and caracters size with a high def display on a SMALL screen (15,6") ? how can i adjust the device notifier applet/panel/icons/text ? please be detailed as i already tried a lot of things with little or no success.

8) thanks for taking this in consideration,

apog
luebking
Configure your screen correctly (or have it correctly detected) to not have to enforce some dpi (setting in "kcmshell4 fonts") - you may have to write an Xorg config snippet for this, chec /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see what it actually thinks about your display.

Fonts in FF could be specified in pixels by the website owner. You could enforce a "regular" dpi in FF (check "about:config") and scale the entire page up (including images)

superposition of icons in the device notifier

No idea what you mean by that, but if it's sth. in the plasma device notifier, you should file a bug against that component.
If it's the icon overlay, file a bug against kdelibs.

In either case, please provide a screenshot to illustrate what you're talking about.