This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Quicklaunch applet changes size after restatring plasma

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
msdobrescu
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

I have KDE 4.9.3 on a Sabayon K x64 machine.
This issue was present in the past and now it comes back again and again.
I have a Quicklaunch applet in the left top area of the desktop (in Default Layout Desktop mode).
At every restart, the Quicklaunch applet - which is a row of icons - becomes huge in height, occupying about 80% percents of the desktop. The icons are left unchanged.
Additionally, the Analog Clock applet becomes invisible, but it is in the same place as I've put it.

What is the source of the problem? How could I fix this?

Thank you.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Is Quicklaunch in a panel or simply sitting on the desktop? And once logged in are you able to resize it to a normal size again?
Also, are the widgets locked when you logout?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
msdobrescu
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Is Quicklaunch in a panel or simply sitting on the desktop? And once logged in are you able to resize it to a normal size again?
Also, are the widgets locked when you logout?

Hello,

First of all, the board do not notice me when a new reply has arrived.

Quicklaunch is sitting on the desktop. Once logged in I could resize it (actually I do each time I log in). I've tried both, locked or not, it happens the same.
Additionally, I have found a pattern. I have a 1280x1024 desktop. I have about 40 icons on the Quicklauncher. If there are on a long Quicklauncher of one row, the issue occurs. If I place them on a shorter Quicklauncher, on two rows, the panel keeps the size I have defined after reboot.

Hope it helps.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Very unusual. Are you able to determine if it is the height or width of the applet which triggers this issue?

KDE Sysadmin
msdobrescu
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Very unusual. Are you able to determine if it is the height or width of the applet which triggers this issue?

I have tried many many combinations.
For a while, it have seemed it will keep the size and position when it has at least 2 rows with 2 icons each.
But, after a few restarts, it has become of one row with big icons, extended outside the desktop size.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Please file a bug report at bugs.kde.org against the quicklaunch applet - it seems to have problems restoring it's size from what you are reporting.

KDE Sysadmin
msdobrescu
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Please file a bug report at bugs.kde.org against the quicklaunch applet - it seems to have problems restoring it's size from what you are reporting.

I have confirmed this bug.