This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Maintain KDE Launcher appearance on login

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
phill1978
Registered Member
Hi,

See the attached picture of my KDE creation (so far)

http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1195810/

i love my setup at the moment (only possible on KDE!) but my issue is that the launcher only looks like that (open with the icons showing) once i have resized the task bar. On login the task bar is as wide and everything else is there BUT all i have is the small KDE launcher icon. If i press the icon the window with the icons appears left next to the wide task bar, so then i have to resize and it pops back into the frame as in the picture.

What script do i have to right or is there any simple GUI pointers to start the desktop with the launcher open and within the frame as per the picture?

btw KDE is amazing
phill1978
Registered Member
hmm its working now, not sure what i pressed. The only thing is the favourites, applications,computer etc.. icons are on the bottom as per the normal layout rather than the right?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Unfortunately I'm not sure what could be causing this issue. Icons in the panel should always be sized appropriately in comparison to the size of the panel. Changing the size of the panel should cause them to refresh their size if they have the incorrect size for some reason.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]