This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

change default download folder location - Fedora 17 KDE

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jenaniston
Registered Member
OS
Changing the folder for saving modified jpg files with Gwenview, as well as any downloads
off the internet (with rekonq web browser) are all going to the "Downloads" folder,
and they will all need to be moved to a better folder location where they are used (with mv command from terminal) -
with there not being any simple "save as" choice for gwenview makes me believe that
this is not just a rekonq issue for the default download location but with all saving of files and downloading
in this new F17 KDE install, which hopefully can be modified/customized(??)

Any suggestions as I search for a customization option directly in KDE ?

Thanks in advance.
luebking
You can alter the "Downloas path" for the default location in systemsettings/Account Details/Paths
But I frankly have no idea what you're talking about not being able to select the download location in rekonq or the absence of "save as..." for modified images in gwenview.
Both are present.
jenaniston
Registered Member
OS
luebking wrote:You can alter the "Downloas path" for the default location in systemsettings/Account Details/Paths . . .
. . .

Thanks for the trick to change download - and for that matter other - default path(s).

In rekonq, clicking on jpg opens the picture in a new tab (by default) and if you right click I only get the save option -
so it gets dumped into the default download path without exception.
With your hint, I was able to change that default to go into the folder of my choice, the desktop folder.

Thanks again.