This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

change "aero snap" guide color

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ferli
Registered Member

change "aero snap" guide color

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm
Hi to you all!

This is my first post here. I'm quite new on KDE, after a few unsuccesful tries during the last years I'm finally in KDE to stay :)

I've already post the question in ubuntuforums with no success. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2105341

I like how I set my desktop pretty much, but I've encountered a problem: I admitt my question may be already solved, or have an easy solution, but I've failed searching for it, as I don't know what terms do I have to use to search it

When doing the "aero snap" thing, the transparent "guide" it creates to show you how the window shape will be has become white and almost invisible.
Where's the option to change it?
I've made a lot of searches both in English and Spanish and changed some values in color settings with no joy. Again, is very probable I just don't know how this setting is called.

I put a photo to show you what do I want to change. In the photo the guide is clearly seen because is against a dark background, but when in front of, let's say, the browser, becomes almost invisible and I would like it to be more evident.

Thanks in advance.
luebking
It's the highlight (?) frame of the plasma theme - so it'll change with the desktop theme.
ferli
Registered Member

Re: change "aero snap" guide color

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 pm
Thank you very much, that was it.

My problem was that to see the change you have to logout, but it doesn't appear the prompt to do it like in other settings, so I missed that.
luebking

Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 pm
You should rather not have to re-login to update.

By all means, "kwin --replace" in krunner (alt+f2) will do, but actually no explicit update should be necessary.
ferli
Registered Member

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:59 am
Thanks again, now I have the desktop fully as I wanted ^-^