This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

VirtualBox seamless mode and multiple desktops

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bhawkins
Registered Member
In VirtualBox seamless mode, the host windows and desktop normally appear behind any windows of the guest application. This works fine with KDE as guest when there is only one desktop being used. But if I open windows on the second desktop, then switch back to the first, I see the KDE background drawn on top of the host desktop. Specifically, if the hidden desktop has a window in the upper left corner, then on the visible desktop, the KDE background appears in the upper left corner. So there's a floating patch of KDE background on my first desktop. After closing the window on the second desktop and returning to the first desktop, the host desktop appears like normal in the upper left corner. Somehow the windows on the hidden desktop are causing the KDE desktop to become opaque within the bounds of those (invisible) windows. Does anyone know how to make these floating background chunks go away? Thanks for your help.

Byron