This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Panel Widget Position

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
warensemble
Registered Member

Panel Widget Position

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:29 am
I am running KDE 4.9 and I would like to put my system tray right in the center of a stretched panel (center aligned). Every time I try to move it to the center of the panel it goes right back to the left side immediately. I have "center align" option chosen, but I assume this means the panel itself. Is there a way to move icons anywhere on the panel you want?

Thanks.
google01103
Manager

Re: Panel Widget Position

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:56 am
when you move the tray or any widget a blank solid space will appear that indicates a possible new location, this will be between 2 separate widgets, and releasing it over that space moves it. I f you move the tray and release it over say the task manager when you release it is will shift back to its original local.

Not how well will work - you could try placing 3 separate non-overlaying panels on the bottom, 1 left aligned, one right aligned and one centered then and placing just the system tray in the centered panel. 2 of these panels would be empty when added. When you add a new panel it will be need to be moved from the side it was placed on to the bottom.

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Panel Widget Position

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 pm
You can also use panel spacers to position panel widgets.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts